Friday, October 11, 2013

More Than Just A Rapper Wk5


In March ASAP Rocky had the honor of making the cover to one of the most elite fashion magazines, L'uomo Vogue, which is the Italian men's version. ASAP Rocky is definitely one of the many unique faces popping up in today’s hip hop world, he came into the game immediately capturing peoples attention due to his style, musically and fashion wise. Rocky brings a lot to the table; he's obviously far from being just some cocky Harlem boy. You can literally hear the extreme amount of knowledge and passion through every word he speaks. In the L'uomo interview the rapper expresses some of his views, 
"I’ve always been interested in fashion, since when I was a kid and used to shop on 5th Avenue. But the real leap in quality occurred when I was 16 years old. I immediately loved Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and Gucci. Nevertheless, my approach has always been spontaneous, based on a sort of fashion sense that lets me blend haute couture with street wear. What's most important to me is originality. I don't have problems mixing things: I don't care if the outfit is considered elegant or not. It’s my style. Period."
This does not only hold true for his fashion sense but includes his musical taste as well. Below are some of the shots from the March issue.